Dickens Laura Goetz

c 2012 Laura Goetz"Please sir, may I have some more?"

Like many fans of Oliver Twist, I remember the famous request, "Please Sir I want some more?"
Oliver an orphan is in a workhouse with desperately hungry boys, asks Mr. Bumble, the parish beadle for another portion of gruel.
I chose to illustrate the poor and less fortunate children in this scene, because unfortunately, hunger is still a reality in today's society. See more of my art at http://lauraspencil.blogspot.com

I am honored my pastel illustration was selected for the front of the postcard invitation.  The back of the postcard has more CBIG exhibition/ event news and info for the Yonkers Riverfront Library.
A link to view info BIG. Please visit: cbig-nycexhibits.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The CBIG 2023 Illustration Directories

2022 CBIG Directories

Aesop's Fables - Ginger Nielson